Frazer Excavation is currently seeking a Pipe Layer to join our growing team of dedicated employees. Under the direction of the Foreman, the Pipe Layer is to lay and join concrete, plastic, or cast-iron pipe for drains, sewers, water mains, and small utilities. This position will ensure that the ground is prepared and the trenches dug out for the pipes. The work requires manual labor as well as assisting other positions involved in the projects with hands-on work.
This person is responsible for all duties associated with laying pipe, working with other members of the construction crew to successfully complete projects within specifications and in a quality manner.
• Align pipe in appropriate sections
• Grade trenches or culverts
• Maintain tools, chop saw, and equipment in good condition and according to safety standards
• Consistently arrive on time to the job site with the appropriate gear
• Create lists of necessary tools, materials, and supplies that are needed to perform the work
• Participate in Professional Development courses and other forms of training in order to strengthen knowledge and skills
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience
• Ability to follow instructions from supervisors, and follow building plans and blueprints
• Physically able to perform assigned tasks in various environments and conditions including heavy lifting in excess of 50 lbs.
• An understanding of the safety procedures required by Frazer Excavation Ltd.
• Driver’s License
• Proficient in English
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
Compensation for this position will be commensurate with experience.
1. EMAIL: To submit your application by email, please email your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Pipe Layer.”
2. POST: To submit your application by post, please print a copy of your resume and send it to:
Frazer Excavation (Attn: Hiring Manager)
19135 Ford Road
Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2R5
We thank all that apply, however only those short listed for consideration will be contacted.